The year 2020 has certainly been a challenge and a different year in many ways.
The COVID-19 pandemic hit right around the time we were preparing for Aberdeen Village’s annual Art is Ageless exhibition. So many residents had worked hard on their entries and had submitted them for competition. But the pandemic presented challenges for our judges, who couldn’t enter the community to judge the artwork.
Determined to press on, we decided to go ahead and put all the artwork out for display so everyone could enjoy it, even though we couldn’t hold the traditional competition. Despite the disappointment of missing the competition, we were pleased to be able to showcase the work of so many of our talented artists.
We wanted to take this opportunity to once again highlight our artists here. We are hopeful that in 2021 we’ll be able to return to our normal Art is Ageless contest, complete with an exhibition and judges. Stay tuned for more information about how to submit your artwork. We can’t wait to see what you have in store for us this year!
- A Walk around Aberdeen by Ginny Graham
- Christmas Memories by Sharon Nelson
- Friendship Circle by Judy Otey
- Gathering Poppy Seed Shells by Sharon Nelson
- Hibiscus in the Morning by Kay Ruen
- Just Tomatoes by Shirley Dixon
- KS Strong – KS Resident by Shirley Dixon
- Let it Snow by Edward Duman
- Money Can Grow on Trees by Esther Minter
- Ocelot Watching by Kay Ruen
- Old Iowa Farm by Rejane Henn
- Old Rock Wall by Kay Ruen
- Old Wooden Cross by Jo Henderson
- Pumpkin Harvest by Sharon Nelson
- Racing for a Cure by Shirley Dixon
- Reflection by Aileen Moise
- Season Tweetings by Edward Duman
- Self Portrait #1 by Edward Duman
- Something Fishy by Esther Minter
- Stillness by Rejane Henn
- The Life of a Tree by Esther Minter
- Together by Carol Rondinelli
- Tribute by Jo Henderson
- Tropical Paradise by Carol Rondinelli
- Waiting for Christmas by Kay Ruen